Sunday, March 16, 2008

Im Back

Well I just got back from a trip home for my friends who are in college spring break. I think I would have preferred to have not gone home or to have gone somewhere else. Everything would be going good and we would be having a good time then one of them would bring up the stuff about my ex and ruin all the fun. My friend and is wife don't like her at all and still haven't fully told me why, my other friend is on the fence about he goes either way just depends on the day and his mood.

It bothers me that I have been there for them always when they needed me and would tell them if I didn't like someone they were with but that’s was it. I would tell them I would be nice and support them in whatever made them happy. So why is it when I find someone who makes me really happy do they not support me in the same way? Is that not what a true friend is supposed to do? I was even there for them when they totally ignored me while they were with their girl and just hang when they had the time. And was even there to help them get over them when it ended and always there shoulder to cry on.

Why can't they support me in what makes me the happiest I have ever been. They didn't even spend enough time with her to get to know her for who she is. How can you pass judgment that quickly one someone? They told me that the first night they meet her and hung out with her that they didn't like her. We were there like 4 maybe 5 hours. I think they don't like her because they think that she would be taking me away from them. Well all I have to say is that if she tells me she wants to get back with me I will gladly take her back and don't care what they think. She is what makes me happy and you can either support me or be part of my happiness or be standing by and watching me be happy from the outside. I will not kick them totally out of my life but if this is such an issue with them then they will decide how much a part of my life they will be.

I have always been there for my friends as much as I could. The only time you could say that I have "failed them" would be when I couldn't go to a friend’s wedding where I was supposed to be the best man, I couldn't go because My Command wouldn't let me because we were undermanned and were deploying lots of people. I think that is more than a good enough reason. And the ex that they don't like told me to change my leave days from Christmas to New Years so I could be home for their wedding. It was my choice not to change it because I had promised her I would come see her for Christmas, which was all she wanted for Christmas, way before they told me their wedding day. I did everything I could to try and make it to their wedding, but my best efforts failed.

Anyway kind of got off topic. Well I went home and really did nothing. I did two things you might be able to call productive. I was in a parade to support my sister for a pageant she was in, she won it, and the other thing was I got my stars filled in on my chest, that’s about it. Mainly we just hung out and played video game, kind of lame huh. So as far as I am concerned it really wasn't worth the money spent. I would have preferred to have gone just about anywhere else. I should have gone to Utah.

I guess that’s it for now.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

Chris & Colee said...

Wow I'm so sorry. I told you I had bad feelings about them and how they felt about Manda...guess I wasn't so far off. It sucks when the people that you have been the most supportive to, aren't very reciprocating. I hope things get better but if not, at least you realize what your priorities are. Hopefully I will talk to you later today!